Chapter 2: Business Processes, Information, and Information Systems
Experiencing MIS, 3e (Kroenke)
1) ________ are collections of related tasks that receive inputs and process those inputs to produce outputs.
2) ________ are sets of procedures.
C) Data flows
3) A decision is a ________.
A) question that can be answered yes or no
B) set of procedures
C) collection of business records
D) movement of a data item from one activity to another
4) Roles are shown in ________ in a business process flowchart.
5) Which of the following components are shown above or below activities in a business process flowchart?
6) What is the defining characteristic of the outermost components (hardware and people) of the IS framework?
A) They take actions.
B) They are the costliest components in the framework.
C) They are both sets of instructions.
D) They are sunk costs.
7) In the IS framework, ________ is/are the bridge between the computer side on the left and the human side on the right.
C) information technology
8) Information is defined as ________.
A) recorded facts and figures
B) data that fits into organizational requirements
C) sufficient raw data for decision making
D) knowledge derived from data
9) ________ information is information that directly pertains to both the context and to the subject it references.
10) Which of the following is NOT true about information in business processes?
A) Data is a stimulus; information is a response to that stimulus.
B) Information systems provide labor savings.
C) Data stored in databases and other repositories can readily be processed to produce information.
D) The quality of your thinking does not influence the quality of the information system you use.