"Written in a pleasant and alive style, with suggestive quotations and witty comments of the author (also many photos illustrating the text are made by the author), the book will be of great help for students in computer science specializing in computer vision and computer graphics. Other students who use mathematics in their disciplines (physics, chemistry, biology, economics) will find the book as a good source of rapid and reliable information."
Full review at Stud.
Univ. Babes-Bolyai Math. 59(2014), No. 3, 393-396
“It gathers different areas of mathematics like algebra, geometry, and topology in one place and shows applications of them to computer graphics and vision.”
“This book is written in an accessible fashion with a number of images, examples, and exercises. The chapters can be read quite independently, depending on a reader's needs. The bottom-up approach of the presentation, in which the theory is presented, starting from a concrete system to an abstract one, makes the book easy to follow. The proofs of the theorems are omitted what furthermore facilitates the reading of the text.”
“This book is intended for upper level undergraduate students,
graduate students and researchers in computer graphics, computer
vision, and game programming.”
Full review at Zentralblatt MATH 2015, edited by European Mathematical Society, FIZ Karlsruhe & Springer-Verlag
• Hongyu Guo, Some Theoretical Results in the Perspective Analysis of Images, International Journal of Modern Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 42--55, (2013).
• Hongyu Guo, Definitions of Perspective Diminution Factor and Foreshortening Factor: Applications in the Analysis of Perspective Distortion, International Journal of Modern Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 78--87, (2013).
• W. Hu, N. Kaabouch, H. Yang and H. Guo, Adaptive Mobile Web Pages Using HTML5 and CSS for Engineering Faculty, Proceedings of the 2013 ASEE North Midwest Section, pp. 456--468, 2013.
• Hongyu Guo, Memories of the South, Journal of Classical Chinese Poems, Vol. 4, No. 7 (2013) p. 1.
• Hongyu Guo and Mehrube Mehrubeoglu, Analysis of Solar Panel Efficiency through Computation and Simulation, International Journal of Modern Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 2 (2012) 51-58
• Hongyu Guo, Butterfly Dreams, Journal of Classical Chinese Poems, Vol. 3, No. 3 (2012) p. 25.
Hongyu Guo and Anand Rangarajan, Diffeomorphic Point Matching
with Applications in Biomedical Image Registration,
International Journal of Tomography and Statistics, Vol. 15, No.
C. Jin, L. Li, A. Nalluri and H. Guo, Peer to Peer Data
Integration System for the Gulf of Mexico Data Integration and
Management on the Gulf of Mexico Workshop, Corpus Christi, May
• H. Krishnappa and H. Guo, Fingerprint Verification Using Mutual Information, Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, Vol. 23, No. 6 (2008) 15-22.
L. Li, J. Fernandez and H. Guo, A Framework for Query
Capabilities and Interface Design of Mediators on the Gulf of
Mexico Data Sources, Chapter in book, Progress in WWW Research
and Development, 10th Asia-Pacific Web Conference, APWeb 2008,
Shenyang, China, April 26-28, 2008, Proceedings , Lecture Notes
in Computer Science, Springer, 2008, Vol. 4976, 660-671.
• H. Guo, A. Rangarajan and S. Joshi, The Handbook of Mathematical Models of Computer Vision, Chapter 13: Diffeomorphic Point Matching, edited by N. Paragios and Y. Chen, Springer, 2006.
• M. Whitbeck and H. Guo, Multiple landmark warping using thin-plate splines Proceedings of the 2006 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, & Pattern Recognition, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 26-29, 2006, Volume 1, 256-263.
• M. Whitbeck and H. Guo, Caricature warping using thin-plate splines, Student Conference for Research and Creative Arts, University of Houston - Clear Lake, 2006.
• H. Guo, A. Rangarajan, S. Joshi3-D diffeomorphic shape registration on hippocampal data sets,Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention, Volume II, pp. 984-991, Palm Springs, CA, 26-29 October 2005.
• H. Guo, A. Rangarajan, S. Joshi and L. Younes, A new joint clustering and diffeomorphism estimation algorithm for non-rigid shape matching, Proceedings of the 2004 Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshop(CVPRW'04), Volume 1, pp. 16-12, Washington, DC, 27 June-2 July 2004.
• H. Guo, A. Rangarajan, S. Joshi and L. Younes, Non-rigid Registration of Shapes via Diffeomorphic Point Matching, Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro, pp. 924-927, Arlington, VA, 15-18 April 2004.
• H. Guo and B. Miller, Monte Carlo Study of Localization on a One-Dimensional Lattice, Journal of Statistical Physics 98, 347 (2000).
B.N. Miller, T. Reese, H. Guo, Path Integral Methods of Positron
Annihilation, Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry,
Vol. 210, No. 2 (1996) 343-356.
• B. Miller and H. Guo, Soft Self-Trapping Transition in a One Dimensional Lattice Gas, 1996 Joint APS/AAPT Meeting, Indianapolis, IN, May 2-5, 1996.